Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Performance Issue - Summarize - Please help

Hello PBIexperts,

I have factsales table with more than 1.5m rows and a factexchangerate table with more than 100k rows. 

See the below diagram, from which I took the logic for my model. (kudos to https://www.kasperonbi.com/currency-conversion-in-dax-for-power-bi-and-ssas/ )

What my problem is. My calculations are been executed row by row, and this take a lot of time.

What I have done. I summarize the factsalestable per day and per currency and I recreate the realationships. It is working, but I'm losing all the other dimensions I use with slicers. 

What I'm trying to do is to decrease the amount of rows using variables and summarize. 

TotalSalesNew =
var summarizetable = SUMMARIZE(FactSales,FactSales[CURRENCY],FactSales[Date],"total_sales",SUM(FactSales[Sales]))
return
SUMX(summarizetable,[total_sales])*[TrnExchangeRate]

But it doesn't work. Can anyone help me out to solve this? 

Screenshot_1.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

What I'm trying to do is to decrease the amount of rows using variables and summarize. 

TotalSalesNew =
var summarizetable = SUMMARIZE(FactSales,FactSales[CURRENCY],FactSales[Date],"total_sales",SUM(FactSales[Sales]))
return
SUMX(summarizetable,[total_sales])*[TrnExchangeRate]
But it doesn't work. Can anyone help me out to solve this? 

Do you mean that the formula not show your expected output or still take a lot of time?

In addition, what is your data source and which connection do you use? Import, direct query or live connection?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft ,

I'm using direct query. 

This part of the formula " SUMX(summarizetable,[total_sales]) " works just fine, but this part " [TrnExchangeRate] " not.

see below:

Screenshot_2.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

However, what is your desired output?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.