Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ry22749
Frequent Visitor

Performance Analyzer "Other"

Hello,

I have a very simple file that has a lot of Visuals and takes like 3 seconds to refresh when I use a slicer. When I run Perfomance Analyzer what it takes more is "Other", what does this mean? How can I reduce the time?

Perfomance.JPG

Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ry22749,

How do you connect to the data? Import or direct query?

Best Regards,

Teige

Import from Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question @parry2k - having similar issue. Second executions are much faster, but initial load is incredibly slow. Using Import for data sources. From the referenced post, is this truly the only thing we can do (reduce number of visuals or dataset) to reduce initial load time because of the load on allocation of structures in memory? Thanks for any help!

--- from the post discussed above

• Other: this is the time spent waiting for other operations to complete. This is typically synchronization time between different visuals in the same page and should not be considered as a bottleneck of the visual being analyzed. It is usually waiting time caused by other pending operations performed by other visuals.

If you compare the duration of the first execution of the Sales page with the second execution, you can see that the latter has a shorter duration because it reduced the Other duration of each visual. The reason is that the first execution of visuals and queries to the data model requires an allocation of new structures in memory; it cannot be reduced unless you reduce the number of visuals and the size of the tables of the data model. For this reason, you should focus mainly on the Duration timing generated when you click on Refresh visuals. This way, you ignore the initial loading time of both report and data model.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ry22749 hope this post help.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.