Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmacdo
Employee
Employee

Perform a calculation over multiple measures?

Hello,

I am pretty new to PowerBI and have been working on making a report in Desktop with the SQL Azure data that I am connecting to via DirectQuery.  In this report, I calculate a particular measure, and I calculate it for several of the columns in the database table I am querying.  This measure is a percentage out of the total number of rows in the table and I then display it with the card visualization separately for each column.

What I am having trouble with now is that I also need to be able to do some calculations over all of these separate measures.  For instance, I want the median of all of the measures.  However, it doesn't seem like that is possible using DAX, as DAX only lets you take the median of an entire column.  Is there some way that I could put all my measures into a column in a table and then do the median that way, or is there just no way to do what I am looking to accomplish?  For right now I am using the average and calculating it manually (summing all the measures and dividing by how many there are) but we also want to have the median and possibly even percentiles of values across all the measures.

Thanks for any help you can give in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cmacdo,

Based on my research, we are not able to place all measures value in one column field currently. So we are not able to use Median() function to return the median of numbers of those all measures. I'm afraid the requirement can't be achieved.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.