Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonathanb

Percentile based on sumarised columns, filterd by slicer?

Hi I am new to Power BI, and am trying to replicate some reports I typically create in EXCEL Pivot Tables, but can't seem to get around two small issues.

My data consists of multiple rows of distinct data per day, which I summarize using SUM for that Day.

I then need to calculate 95th Percentile of those values for that Month.

The table graphic perfectly summarizes the per day values, but I can't get the Percentiles, which are Measures, to work (displayed as multiple value card circled in Red).

Power Bi.PNG

Additionally, my timestamp data to filter the page just reverts to Year only (circled in Green).

Any help appreciated while I wade throught the documentation...

Jonathan

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jonathanb,

Based on  your description, what's your expected result?

For your timestamp year slicer, which formula are you using? Please provide us more information, so that we can make further analysis.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-visualization-types-for-reports-an...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

jonathanb

Hi I am new to Power BI, and am trying to replicate some reports I typically create in EXCEL Pivot Tables, but can't seem to get around two small issues.

My data consists of multiple rows of distinct data per day, which I summarize using SUM for that Day.

The table graphic perfectly summarizes the per day values, but I can't get the Percentiles, which are Measures, to work (displayed as multiple value card circled in Red).

Ad

jonathanb

My data consists of multiple rows of distinct data per day, which I sumarise using SUM for that Day.

The table graphic perfectly summaires the per day values, but I can't get the Percentiles, which are Measures, to work (displayed as multi value card circled in Red).

jonathanb

My data consists of multiple rows of distinct data per day, which I sumarise using SUM for that Day.

The table graphic perfectly summaires the per day values, but I can't get the Percentiles, which are Measures, to work (displayed as multi value card circled in Red).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.