Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentile Rank of a Measure

So I have a dataset based on some stocks. There's a bunch of info in the dataset but for my question the only relevant info is date, stock ticker, and a measure I created.

I want to create a percentile rank based on my measure. So my final view would be a table that would show each date, the original measure, and then the percentile rank based on my measure. Then, I would want to be able to filter the table by stock ticker.

Looking up some similar questions, I saw a suggestion to create a new table that included my measure. I did that, however, I also need to include the date and stock ticker which I don't think I can do when creating a table since there columns rather than measures.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share some sample data and desired result to help us better understand your requirement?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft

I have attached a very basic Power BI example: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag8hsmjI3TOIaemlW_NJOPHbXtM

What I want to do is create a percentile amount based on the measure for each ticker. So the screenshots below I am filtering the data based on ticker. The percentile should be calculated based on the amounts shown as I filter by ticker:

IMG1.jpgIMG2.jpg 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any suggestions? I feel like this has to be possible to do

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still looking for suggestions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.