Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bilogin
Helper I
Helper I

Percentage passed SLA

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help on this, I'm a BI noob and it's taken me a few days to get this far! 

So through Excel and our CRM, there is a bar and line chart that shows the volume of contact with a customer per month. 

There is an SLA to file this contact within 5 days and the bars need to show the % passed SLA. I've managed to create a new column that shows whether it passed or failed but I can't seem to get this information in BI. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm assuming that the values displayed in the last image is the "Passing" percentage. In that case create a measure like this:

Measure =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(ContactReport) ; ContactReport[Pass/Fail] = "Pass") ;
COUNTROWS(ContactReport) ;
BLANK()
)

Format the measure as % and then place it in your chart and remove the legend. There should only be the measure and the date dimension. 

If you dont get the correct result post a picture and we'll take another look 🙂 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

It's very difficult to provide help with the information provided. Pictures of current progress and expected outcome would help a lot. 

Am i understanding you correctly that you have managed to display passed/failed SLA's in a barchart in PowerBI?

Now you want to display it by % in a line chart and a bar chart?

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

@tex628 I did submit photos but there was an invalid HTML?

Basically, I would like to know the % pass rate for each month.

This is what I've set up so far (in case the screenshot fails again):

DurationPassMonthFailPass/Fail
1.5642PassJul-2018 Pass
57.0657 Jun-2018FailFail
0.564PassJun-2018 Pass

I did try:

if([MONTH]="Jul-2018"CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(ContactReport);ContactReport[Pass] = "Pass",0) or something similar but I realised that I would miss out those that failed so I added a pass/fail column. Plus it didn't work anyway, there was a problem somewhere with the syntax.

I tried to create a new table to duplicate what is in the old Excel file with the columns: Date/Yes/No/Percentage but I couldn't work out the formula

I also tried to add a measure rather than a column but the issue with the syntax was solved online by changing from a measure to a column which didn't work for me. 

Thanks,

Bec

Hi @bilogin ,

You could calculate the count of Pass or FAIL and divide it with total count.

Here is my test file for your reference.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks Ead (@v-eachen-msft) .

What formula did you use for the 'Table'[Pass %]? 

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Alright,

Create a "100% stacked column chart" and then add the following:

Axis: [Month]
Legend: [Pass/Fail]
Value: Count of [Pass/Fail]

This should show you the exact percentage of fails/passes related to each month. 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @tex628, thanks for your help. It is looking slightly better.

I followed your steps but it isn't showing the percentage.

If I change either the Count of Pass/Fail in value to show as %GT, the percentage is too low, I don't think it is taking the month into account but rather the total count of entries for the table. 

For example, 17 passed and 19 failed in June 2019, if I change to %GT, the percentages change to 4.79% and 5.35% respectively.

Also the second axis - I still need to display the volume of quotes as well as % passed SLA.

I think I personally need to get away from the graphs looking exactly the same, as long as I can show the % passed and volume for each month, it doesn't matter that it doesn't look like the usual graph. 

Thanks,

Bec

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi,

The "100% stacked column chart" should display the values in % if you turn on the datalabels. 

If you post a picture of your current chart it might be easier to see whats wrong! 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

This is how I want it to look:

Chart.JPG

Thanks,

Bec

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm assuming that the values displayed in the last image is the "Passing" percentage. In that case create a measure like this:

Measure =
DIVIDE(
CALCULATE( COUNTROWS(ContactReport) ; ContactReport[Pass/Fail] = "Pass") ;
COUNTROWS(ContactReport) ;
BLANK()
)

Format the measure as % and then place it in your chart and remove the legend. There should only be the measure and the date dimension. 

If you dont get the correct result post a picture and we'll take another look 🙂 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Success!

Thank you @tex628 

Capture.JPG

@tex628 

@tex628 I did try to upload photographs but I'll try again. 

So here is what I've added into BI so far (in case I have to remove the screenshot):

DurationPassMonthFail
1.533954PASSJul-2018 
24.53 Jul-2018FAIL
54.06 Jun-2018FAIL
0.28PASSAug-2018 
144.13373 Mar-2018FAIL

I should be able to put the information into the graph, it's just the formula I'm having difficulty with.

I've created another column with the formula: 

= if('filterednewcontactreport'[month]="Aug-18",countrows('Filterednew_contactreport'[pass]="Yes"),"0")

The formula is coming up with the following error: "A single value for column 'pass' in table 'Filterednew_contactreport' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result."

I've just realised that it won't work as it will only count the passes and not the fails as it is in a different column. Gah!!!!

What I'm looking for is to count up the passes and the fails for each month and calculate a % pass rate. 

Hopefully that helps a little more! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.