Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentage of total row

Capture.PNG

above shown column is determine by the two other columns in same table. when comes to total of the column, all the precentages were aggregating. how do i show the precentage of the total column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your data is in a table called TestData, first column is called FIRST, and second called SECOND, you need three measures:

Total First = SUM(TestData[First])

Total Second = SUM(TestData[Second])

Percentage = DIVIDE([Total First],[Total Second],0)

Drop those three measures into a table or matrix.

You could probably do this in one measure, but the above makes it clear what is going on, and it means you have 100% explicit measures in your table, which you should.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

Your ROI measure should be something like = DIVIDE (numerater, denominator, alternate result if denominator is zero)

then put that in your table. In the total row, it won't add the percentages, but divide the total numerator by the total of the denominator.

If you need more specific help, post a sample of the data and a more complete picture of the visual.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture2.PNG

i need to get this highlighted one

If your data is in a table called TestData, first column is called FIRST, and second called SECOND, you need three measures:

Total First = SUM(TestData[First])

Total Second = SUM(TestData[Second])

Percentage = DIVIDE([Total First],[Total Second],0)

Drop those three measures into a table or matrix.

You could probably do this in one measure, but the above makes it clear what is going on, and it means you have 100% explicit measures in your table, which you should.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have try this and for some its working but for some its not. 

You are going to need to provide your full data. What I provided works for the snippits, but you have something else going on in your model that I am not accounting for, and I cannot guess based on a few screen caps pasted in the post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.