cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
laureljh6 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Percentage of the grand total

I am trying to get the percentage of sales activity achieved by business line and by country. It needs to be based on the column total. So if I view the data by Business Lines I need to see the Actual Sales Activity, the Sales Activity Targets and the % of Sales Activity achieved against Targets.

The data looks like this:

Country Name, Business Lines, Actual Sales Activity, Sales Activity Targets

For example: If I have business line "A" with a total sales activity of 500 and a sales activity target total of 1000 I need the result to be 50%.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Percentage of the grand total

Try this...

% Sales acheived = DIVIDE(CALCULATE(Sales[Actual Sales Activity]),CALCULATE([Sales Activity Targets]),BLANK())
laureljh6 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Percentage of the grand total

When I use that measure I receive an error.

The following syntax error occurred during parsing: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 1, %.

I just started working in Power BI and I do not understand what the error means.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors