Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

josedavidsa
Frequent Visitor

Percentage of grand total with filter.

Hello Everyone,

The following table is an example of my data:

1.png

In a published tab, I want to calculate the percentage of participation with filters like this one:

2.png

I appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danb
Resolver I
Resolver I

@josedavidsa

All you have to do is use a Matrix visual. Drag your "Amount" into your "Values" two times. The first will be the count and then the second you will want to select the drop down and "Show field as" a "Percent of the Column Total". See screenshot below. 

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danb
Resolver I
Resolver I

@josedavidsa

All you have to do is use a Matrix visual. Drag your "Amount" into your "Values" two times. The first will be the count and then the second you will want to select the drop down and "Show field as" a "Percent of the Column Total". See screenshot below. 

Screenshot_1.png

Thank you very much for your time, it has worked.

One last question, it is possible to filter this percentage in a matrix only for the last year:

3.png

@josedavidsa

I don't think you can layer in a % of total for a single column in a Matrix visual. You could easily do this if you had two different visuals but not sure on how you are formatting the page and if you have the room or desire for that. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.