Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Binway
Helper II
Helper II

Percentage of count of bands by total for the month

Hi

I have an order table that is connected to a DateDim and an already calculated value for the band of the number of days to completion.

OrderCompleted_date_keyDaystoCompleteBand
120170822<7
220170822<14
320170922<7
420170922<14
520171022<14

I was trying to create a measure as a percentage so that I could graph the counts by month.

Then when I use the DaystoCompletedBand in a slicer I would see the percentage of the total.  So for August with no Band selected I would see 100% but if I select <7 then it would show 50%.

Perc = COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER])/CALCULATE(COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER], ALLEXCEPT(DATEDIM,DATEDIM[Month]))

This does not give me correct results but my DAX skills are basic.

Thanks in Advance.

Binway

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understand correctly, you are trying to determine the percentage of orders within each band group. the formula below should help. 

Please note that it is often easier to get the results you dersire from these % of parent calcs if your dimensional values, DaystoCompleteBand are in a dimension table rather than the fact.

Perc = COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER])/CALCULATE(COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER], all(ORDERS[DaystoCompleteBand]))

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understand correctly, you are trying to determine the percentage of orders within each band group. the formula below should help. 

Please note that it is often easier to get the results you dersire from these % of parent calcs if your dimensional values, DaystoCompleteBand are in a dimension table rather than the fact.

Perc = COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER])/CALCULATE(COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER], all(ORDERS[DaystoCompleteBand]))

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

Works like a charm.  I ended up creating a BAND Dim so that I could sort them as they are text and don't sort well.

So the report looks like this

Band.png

With some data below to confirm the %'s

The DAX is

Perc = COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER])/ CALCULATE(COUNT(ORDERS[ORDER]), ALL(BANDS[Band]))

Thanks

Binway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.