Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jstitch
Regular Visitor

Percentage of Total using Yes and No values

Engineer Name             Category                    Answered Correctly

Billy                             Terminology                          Yes

Billy                                Iron                                     No

BIlly                                Iron                                     No

Billy                                Valves                                  Yes

Billy                                Valves                                  Yes

Here is a small sample of a large database i have.  I am trying to breakdown the percentage correct of each individual engineers answers on the test.  Then be able to look at the engieers as a whole and see where they are missing the most questions. So for example on this set i can see he missed 100% of the Iron questions.  Also i can see that he missed 3 out of 5 questions on the test. I am looking for an effective way to plot and visually see this prefferably through a horizontal bar graph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Jstitch

In this scenario, you can create percentage of total measures group on corresponding column and put into a chart visual.

Answered of Total =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTA ( Table[Questions] ),
    FILTER ( Table, Table[Answered] = "Yes" ),
    ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Engineer] )
)

Answered of Total per Category =
CALCULATE (
    ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Engineer], Table[Category] )
)

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Capture111.PNG

Hello! 

I want to calculate distinct values of column A. Which i did by using the distinct function in a measure I created. 

Now I want to calculate the total number of "No" for each unique value only. Can anyone please help? @v-sihou-msft 

For example the total should be 3 for "No" as I want to count for Saturday as only 1 not 2 times. 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Jstitch

In this scenario, you can create percentage of total measures group on corresponding column and put into a chart visual.

Answered of Total =
CALCULATE (
    ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Engineer] )
)

Answered of Total per Category =
CALCULATE (
    ALLEXCEPT ( Table, Table[Engineer], Table[Category] )
)

Regards,

This is perfect!!!!! This is exactly what i needed thank you so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.