Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hkrash0920
Helper I
Helper I

Percentage of Grand Total Measure

Hi....I am trying to get the percentage of the grand total for each person. I did using the automatic funtion in Sum but I am unable to remove the decimal points. I tried to do a measure but it didn't work. I got 100% for each person. Pleae help.

Here is the data.

data picture.JPG

Here is the measure.

EP YTD TER % = DIVIDE(SUM('Master Data'[YTD TER]), CALCULATE(SUM('Master Data'[YTD TER]), ALLSELECTED('Master Data'[EP Name])))

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
hkrash0920
Helper I
Helper I

I want to get the same results in the "%GT YTD TER" column but in a measure so I can remove the decimals. The measure I used is only giving me 100% for each person so there is something wrong with my measure. I am not good at DAX formulas. 🙂 Here is the YTD TER column that the % GT YTD TER is calculating from. I hope this helps. 

Data picture 2.JPG

Thanks,

Heather

@hkrash0920

how did you try to remove the decimals?

click on the measure  and then go to the modelling table in the ribbon bar and change it to 0

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

The measure is not giving me the correct results. It is giving me 100% for each person which is not right. The correct number is in the "%GT YTD TER" column which I am trying to replicate with a measure but I don't know the correct formula. The "%GT YTD TER" is not a measure. In values, I chose YTD TER then sum then show value as then percent of grand total. When I do that, I can't change the decimals because it is greyed out.

Thanks

FIeld formatting.JPG

Grand Total.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you have the text 'Auto' the up and down arrows don't work. However, with current version you should be able to click inside the field (text 'Auto' is removed) and enter a number (or use your scroll wheel to change the number). 

field_format.PNG

Peter's response is correct.

@hkrash0920  is it possible to share the file?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

It is not allowing me share it. 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@hkrash0920

not really sure what you asking can you show me an example of what you are expecting it to look like

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.