Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Percentage change across matrix

Hi @Sir_night

What I would suggest is to first make sure that your data is in the correct shape.

So to do this your data as per your picture would not be running on columns but would then be running on the rows.

Next I would then create a Date table (This table is essential when you want to use the DAX Time Ingelligence Calculations). You can find my blog post here on how to create a Date table: https://www.fourmoo.com/2016/09/13/power-bi-how-to-easily-create-dynamic-date-tabledimension-with-fi...

Once you have created a relationship between your table and the Date table, you can then start using Time Intelligence Features.

For your example it would appear that you could then use the PREVIOUSMONTH DAX function

Previous Month Sales = 
CALCULATE ( [Sales Amount], PREVIOUSMONTH ( 'Date'[Calendar Date] ) )

This will enable you to then get the previous values amounts, after which you could then create your % Diff measure

% Diff = DIVIDE([Previous Month Sales],[Sales Amount])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Percentage change across matrix

Hi @Sir_night

What I would suggest is to first make sure that your data is in the correct shape.

So to do this your data as per your picture would not be running on columns but would then be running on the rows.

Next I would then create a Date table (This table is essential when you want to use the DAX Time Ingelligence Calculations). You can find my blog post here on how to create a Date table: https://www.fourmoo.com/2016/09/13/power-bi-how-to-easily-create-dynamic-date-tabledimension-with-fi...

Once you have created a relationship between your table and the Date table, you can then start using Time Intelligence Features.

For your example it would appear that you could then use the PREVIOUSMONTH DAX function

Previous Month Sales = 
CALCULATE ( [Sales Amount], PREVIOUSMONTH ( 'Date'[Calendar Date] ) )

This will enable you to then get the previous values amounts, after which you could then create your % Diff measure

% Diff = DIVIDE([Previous Month Sales],[Sales Amount])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors