Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sam-L
Frequent Visitor

Percentage between two cards showing different filtered values

Hello,

I'm looking to create a card that holds a percentage calculation of two cards.

However, the two cards that I'm wanting to work out the value between are using the same field but have had their filtering interactions edited depending on what slicers are being used.

SamL_0-1629467353089.png

This is the calculation that I'm using:

SamL_1-1629467375991.png

SamL_2-1629467587537.png

The filters circled in yellow filter the bottom card and those circled in orange filter top and bottom cards.

My data source is SQL and I'm using direct query.

Open to suggestions and thank you in advance.

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Sam-L ,

What you should likely to do is create 2 measures or variables in your % of total Measure that act numerator and denomintor. You would create then to ensure that the filter context you want for the num and denom are explicitly defined. You can also then remove the filtering requirement from the cards and use the num and denom as their values.

hope this makes sense.

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Sam-L ,

What you should likely to do is create 2 measures or variables in your % of total Measure that act numerator and denomintor. You would create then to ensure that the filter context you want for the num and denom are explicitly defined. You can also then remove the filtering requirement from the cards and use the num and denom as their values.

hope this makes sense.

I hope this helps,
Richard

Hi @richbenmintz, yeah that makes sense, thank you. I'm trying to create a calculation for the top card that shows all deployments and disregards any intervention filters (those that are circled in yellow in original post). I'm trying an ALLEXCEPT, but it's still managing to filter the card. Do you have any pointers, or is it the way the data is structured?

SamL_0-1629474336868.png

Thank you,

Sam

Hi @Sam-L 

Any chance you could share a sample PBIX, would be much easier to get the correct syntax if I can see the actual data structure and report layout

I hope this helps,
Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.