Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Percentage Bar Visual - Similar to progress bar.

I have multiple columns that contain either "Yes" or "No" and would like to display a visual similar to the below where it will show a percentage of all the "Yes" values in each column.  So, if there were 100 rows in the "eSIM" column and 20 "Yes" values, it would show the bar gague full by 20%

2020-09-15_10-45-04.jpg

Firstly, is there a visual that can do this? I have look in the visual store and couldnt see one.  There are curved gauges, but not bars. And then what would the calculation be to get this result.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @StuartSmith 

In addition to 

Measure = 
Var Yes = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Category]=MAX('Table'[Category])&&'Table'[Status]="Yes"))
Var Total = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Category]=MAX('Table'[Category])))
return
Yes/Total

Then we build a table visual and format the conditional formatting as below.

2.png

3.png

You need to change the Min and Max as 0 to 1 or the result will show incorrectly.

You can download the pbix file from this link: Percentage Bar Visual - Similar to progress bar.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks again, you always seem to be helping me.  I will have a read of the webpage.

Hi @StuartSmith 

In addition to 

Measure = 
Var Yes = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Category]=MAX('Table'[Category])&&'Table'[Status]="Yes"))
Var Total = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Category]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Category]=MAX('Table'[Category])))
return
Yes/Total

Then we build a table visual and format the conditional formatting as below.

2.png

3.png

You need to change the Min and Max as 0 to 1 or the result will show incorrectly.

You can download the pbix file from this link: Percentage Bar Visual - Similar to progress bar.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

That worked great and once I pivioted the required columns, your steps worked perfectly.

Thanks very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.