Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Spidy_78

Percent of row in a bar chart

Hi,

I created a matrix table with a % calculation summing up the total per row.:

Matrix.JPG

I now want to visualise this in a bar chart. I’m not getting any further than this:

Chart.JPG

It looks fine, but the calculation  is different from the matrix table. In the chart every category is a % of the grand total, whereas I need it per row. In the matrix “VPD  - On Time” is 88,96%, in the chart it’s 22,92%. How can I have the same as in the matrix?

In the chart calculation, I can only select "Percent of grand total":

Percent of grand total.jpg

What I actually want to see is "Percent of row total" as you can do in an Excel Pivot Table.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Spidy_78 ,

Im not certain what your data model looks like, but I have tested it based on my established data model:

1. If you want to show the same percentage as in the matrix, you need not to select Percent of grand total, just put the field in the Value tab(default No calculation)
  2. If you just want to show the total row percentage which is like the matrix shows, you can drill up your visual to trybar chart.png

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Spidy_78 ,

Im not certain what your data model looks like, but I have tested it based on my established data model:

1. If you want to show the same percentage as in the matrix, you need not to select Percent of grand total, just put the field in the Value tab(default No calculation)
  2. If you just want to show the total row percentage which is like the matrix shows, you can drill up your visual to trybar chart.png

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This does not solve the problem. Executer, lets say under LPD there should be three atributes (early, late, on time)  that would sum up to 100%. It should be repeated for other executers. It becomes very easy in excel.

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It's not clear from your post just what your problem is

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!