Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Spidy_78

Percent of row in a bar chart

Hi,

I created a matrix table with a % calculation summing up the total per row.:

Matrix.JPG

I now want to visualise this in a bar chart. I’m not getting any further than this:

Chart.JPG

It looks fine, but the calculation  is different from the matrix table. In the chart every category is a % of the grand total, whereas I need it per row. In the matrix “VPD  - On Time” is 88,96%, in the chart it’s 22,92%. How can I have the same as in the matrix?

In the chart calculation, I can only select "Percent of grand total":

Percent of grand total.jpg

What I actually want to see is "Percent of row total" as you can do in an Excel Pivot Table.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Percent of row in a bar chart

Hi @Spidy_78 ,

Im not certain what your data model looks like, but I have tested it based on my established data model:

1. If you want to show the same percentage as in the matrix, you need not to select Percent of grand total, just put the field in the Value tab(default No calculation)
  2. If you just want to show the total row percentage which is like the matrix shows, you can drill up your visual to trybar chart.png

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

It's not clear from your post just what your problem is

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!

Super User IV
Super User IV

You can create % of grand total

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Percentage-of-grand-total/td-p/297356

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/percent-of-grand-total/m-p/59029/highlight/true#M24185

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
My Recent Blog -Week is not so Weak Proud to be a Super User! Connect on Linkedin

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Spidy_78 ,

Im not certain what your data model looks like, but I have tested it based on my established data model:

1. If you want to show the same percentage as in the matrix, you need not to select Percent of grand total, just put the field in the Value tab(default No calculation)
  2. If you just want to show the total row percentage which is like the matrix shows, you can drill up your visual to trybar chart.png

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors