Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djones1855
Frequent Visitor

Percent of filter total to the unfilter total

I have a simple matrix a Row value for "States" and two values.  The first being a Count values in the "Claim Number" column and the another count of values in the "Claim Number" but shown as a percentage.  When no "Result filter is being applied it shows me the values that I want with a total claim value count of 10,285. 

Pic 1.JPGPic 2.JPGPic 5.JPG

When I apply the Result filter of "Decreased" the Claim Count is reduced to 2,277, which is fine, but I would like the percentage to still be calculated against the full count total of 10,285 not the filtered count total of 2,277.

Pic 3.JPGPic 4.JPG

Any suggestions? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I believe you should write a measure for your percent of grand total with an ALL function

Something like

Measure = calculate(divide(sum(total claims), calculate(sum(total claims), all(claim_type))

Then use modeling to format as a percentage. Make sure to read the DAX documentation on ALL and VALUES as I think it would be helpful. I would post the links, but am on mobile rn. Hope that is helpful.

View solution in original post

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djones1855

You can create the below measure  with ALL function to calculate full totals of claim number, it will ignore any filter that might be applied when using this function:

1. Calculate the full total claim number

ftotalClaimNum= CALCULATE( SUM(totalClaimnumber), ALL(Result))

1. Calculate percentage

%GT Count of Claim Number =DIVIDE( CALCULATE( SUM(totalClaimnumber)), ftotalClaimNum)

You can refer this documentation for the details of ALL function.

If the above measures are not applicable in your scenario, please provide the related table structure and sample data.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @djones1855

You can create the below measure  with ALL function to calculate full totals of claim number, it will ignore any filter that might be applied when using this function:

1. Calculate the full total claim number

ftotalClaimNum= CALCULATE( SUM(totalClaimnumber), ALL(Result))

1. Calculate percentage

%GT Count of Claim Number =DIVIDE( CALCULATE( SUM(totalClaimnumber)), ftotalClaimNum)

You can refer this documentation for the details of ALL function.

If the above measures are not applicable in your scenario, please provide the related table structure and sample data.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I believe you should write a measure for your percent of grand total with an ALL function

Something like

Measure = calculate(divide(sum(total claims), calculate(sum(total claims), all(claim_type))

Then use modeling to format as a percentage. Make sure to read the DAX documentation on ALL and VALUES as I think it would be helpful. I would post the links, but am on mobile rn. Hope that is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.