Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tstackhouse
Helper III
Helper III

Percent of Total Measure

Hello,

I am trying to get a percent of total units for each month in my matrix. Currently, I am using "Show value as" then selecting "percent of total". However, I do not want to have to include values Families that do not have an actual name. (shown by thered arrow in the picture).

The probelm is that I cant just filter those out as it will impact the "%CT Total Units". Is there a way that I could do this in the formula of a measure??

Thanks in advance!

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tstackhouse , add a visual level filter Family is not blank

@amitchandak  thanks for the reply

I cannot use this though because it impacts my percentages. The first visual shows the percentages as a percent of the total with all families. The second shows the percent of total when filtering out the blanks. As you can see the percentages change when I filter out blanks. I want to keep the percentages the same as they are in the first visual but I do not want to see the blanks.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

@tstackhouse - Maybe in your measure you could do something like this:

Measure =
  VAR __Family = MAX([Family name column thing])
  VAR __Calc = <bunch of calculation stuff, whatever>
RETURN
  IF(ISBLANK(__Family),BLANK(),__Calc)

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

HI @tstackhouse,

Can you please share some dummy data and year formula to test? It should help us test and coding formulas on them.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.