Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

levankup777
Frequent Visitor

Percent change of previous year, quarter, month. please help meeeee

Example: in excel no problemExample: in excel no problemExample: in excel no problemExample: in excel no problemI need in this ChartI need in this Chart

how to create ? Percent change of previous year, quarter, month. please help meeeee

4 REPLIES 4

Levankup777

you say you need a chart with monthly information (bars), but you haven't provided any Information at describes how your data is structured.  You should have a data table and a calendar table.

Read here about data structures

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/the-optimal-shape-for-power-pivot-data/

and here about calendar tables

http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-pivot-calendar-tables/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@levankup777 Using DAX unlike Excel you can't access previous row so you need to use order of year to access previous row value. So first create a new column with code as below to access previous row value. I created sample csv like your scenario.

Capture.PNG

= LOOKUPVALUE(sam[Value],sam[Year],sam[Year]-1)

Once you get previous row value, use below code to get percentage difference and apply percentage format to column.

Capture2.PNG

Column 2 = (sam[Value] - sam[Column]) / sam[Column]

my datamy data

This is my data. Please help me with this data. Thank you in advance

Hi @levankup777,

In your scenario, you can create a new table to list records for each month in year 2015 like below:

x1.PNG

Then use the method provided by @ankitpatira to calculate difference between each month within year 2015.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.