Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

leroy773
Helper II
Helper II

Percent based on qtr instead of grand total

All,

I am attempting to calculate the percent of 3 different groups in a single qtr for the current ytd.  Unfortunately, the calculation only does grand total.  Is there a way to calculate based on qtr.  Sample of table below

Closed DateTime To Close
4/26/2016>30 days
4/19/2016>30 days
6/6/2016<14 days
1/25/2016<14 days
2/23/2016<14 days
1/26/2016<14 days
6/27/201614-30 days
7/8/201614-30 days
7/8/201614-30 days
7/4/201614-30 days
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @leroy773

Do you want to do the calculation like below?

2.PNG

If that is the case, you need to add a calculated column named "Qtr":

Qtr = 'Percent'[Closed Date].[Quarter]

Create three measures to get the percentage value:

CountRowsOfQrt = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Percent'),ALLEXCEPT('Percent','Percent'[Qtr]))
CountRowsOfQrtandTime = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Percent'),ALLEXCEPT('Percent','Percent'[Qtr],'Percent'[Time To Close]))

Percentage = [CountRowsOfQrtandTime]/[CountRowsOfQrt]

If I have something misunderstood, please describe more clear about how to calculate the percentage and you can port some screenshots of your expect result.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @leroy773

Do you want to do the calculation like below?

2.PNG

If that is the case, you need to add a calculated column named "Qtr":

Qtr = 'Percent'[Closed Date].[Quarter]

Create three measures to get the percentage value:

CountRowsOfQrt = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Percent'),ALLEXCEPT('Percent','Percent'[Qtr]))
CountRowsOfQrtandTime = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Percent'),ALLEXCEPT('Percent','Percent'[Qtr],'Percent'[Time To Close]))

Percentage = [CountRowsOfQrtandTime]/[CountRowsOfQrt]

If I have something misunderstood, please describe more clear about how to calculate the percentage and you can port some screenshots of your expect result.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks this helped, but found a limitation if I use a slicer.  When i filter the report the slicer calculates percentage incorrectly since the slicer impacts the total count.  Is there a way around this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.