Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ncarrier08
Frequent Visitor

People picker data from SharePoint Online not coming into BI report.

It makes no sense, One people picker comes into BI and you can expand to get the data, another which is configured exactly the same in SPO does not.

How do I get the data out of a list which resolves to a record which resolves to the data???

ncarrier08_1-1605282437906.png

ncarrier08_2-1605282448955.png

The list resolves as follows :

ncarrier08_3-1605282546568.pngncarrier08_4-1605282560919.png

5 REPLIES 5
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can convert the List of Lists/Records to a table with the button in the ribbon, and then expand it and choose which fields you want to expand.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Afraid not, this does not help it just makes this :

ncarrier08_0-1605283921137.png

That is still a list.  At this point, hit the "To Table" button to convert this list to a table.  You can then expand the column of Lists, and if needed then expand the table of Records.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

That does not work.

I have 1000 rows saying list, If i press on one them and use > "To table" one record goes to table not all 1000.

I need the ability to drill to the list and to the record for all 1000 items and to pull that data back up to the main table.

The biggest confusion to me is I have another people column and this one is working with the expand functionality. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.