Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied

Hi everyone,

I have the above message appear each time I load into PowerBI.  I have refreshed all queries within the editor and made sure to close/apply, but it seems like it doesn't stick.  I have been unable to get rid of this message for a few days now, and I'm unable to make any changes unless I go into the query editor (such as a name change of a selection).  This happened when I did not load any further data into the model, it just started appearing the other day when I logged on in the morning.  If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, as I can't start deleting steps to my data imports, because I've put a lot of man hours into cleaning up the data.

It also says that I need to install R script to use a visual every time I start PowerBI, but I do currently use any visuals that utilize R script, so I'm confused on both ends and don't know if they have any connection.

Thanks for any and all help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated to the latest version and it seemed to correct any errors that were still persisting and not being applied.  I'm not sure what change came across in the update to solve the issue, but here we are.  

Thanks for all the help and hopefully updating will help any others having a similar issue!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
idowusunday

If after applying all pending quies and this popup keeps appearing, firstly click on discard queries, this will show you the parameters that are causing this, go to power query editor, identify the parameters, when you attempt deleting it will redirect you to the corresponding Transform sample, first delete the transform sample files then delete the parameters. Click on aplly, then load. It should disappear. If it work give me a 👍. I'm it workspara.JPG  If this persist after queries have been appliedIf this persist after queries have been applied

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated to the latest version and it seemed to correct any errors that were still persisting and not being applied.  I'm not sure what change came across in the update to solve the issue, but here we are.  

Thanks for all the help and hopefully updating will help any others having a similar issue!

mjantune
Regular Visitor

I found this solution by @Sebas2905. It's a pain in the ass to implement, but it seems to work.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/quot-There-are-pending-changes-in-your-queries-that-haven-t... 

I had the same problem and was able to solve the issue, but be aware!  You will have to recreate your relationships in the model and your calculated columns in the tables. It's not perfect, but it's a lot less work than rebuilding the report entirely.

I did the following:

1. I opened the file with the "Pending changes" issue and opened the Power Query editor

2. I opened a new power BI file and copied all the tables from the file with the "Pending changes"issue to the new file and loaded the tables in the new file

3. I deleted all tables in the Power Query Editor in the file with the "Pending changes" issue, except for my Measures table. I kept the measures table. So make sure all your measures are put in a measures table. Don't close the Power Query editor!

4. Open the Power Query editor in the new file and copy all tables (except for the measures table) back to your file with the "Pending changes" issue.

5. Close the Power Query editor in the file with the "Pending changes" issue and it will load all tables. The message should now disappear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having same issue after upgrading PBIRS to May 2020.

I removed R and Py Visuals. but still am keep getting this warning message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only recently had this issue fixed, it seems that if you update to the latest version of of PowerBI, it should fix any continued "Pending Changings haven't been applied" issues.  

If it still occurs after that, I would imagine that there's still some type of query not loading correctly.  Try to check for the updates and hopefully that works!

mjantune
Regular Visitor

I´m having the same issue. It started today (16-06-2020). The pending changes in your query haven´t been applied keeps appearing even though I apply the changes, and even though I haven´t changed anything in those queries.

it seems to be an issue of the last update, given that I'm not the only one having this problem.

SteveD2
Resolver I
Resolver I

I don't know if this is related to the issue but, I was working on a model today (13/6/20) and this error just appeared. Despite pressing the accept and discard buttons, the error message persisted. The problem was resolved when I discovered that a parameter I had to define the data source was set to refresh only. When I changed it to allow it to load the error disappeared.

Why the parameter set to refresh only is the mystery for me. 

Thank you @SteveD2 for sharing this.

Unfortunatelly is not my case because I don't have parameters in my reports.

Thank you.

juan_pablo
Advocate III
Advocate III

I'm having the same issue.

"There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" doesn't goes away even after applying the changes.

(I don't have the R issue).

This started after April's update.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous did you turned on metadata features in the preview? For R script, did you installed custom visuals that use "R", uninstall these visuals.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the message,

This is actually a separate issue too, I do not have the remove button available when trying to remove a custom visual.Capture.JPG

@Anonymous click on dots to see removal option

image.png

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, when I click on remove a visual option, it gives me the pane I posted above, which does not allow me to remove any visuals, but does allow me to select them.  I have the remove option in another file, but not this one for some reason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.