Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heli
Regular Visitor

Peak througput (count per second)

Hi!

I have table that contains the date/time of a signature done by a user since a couple of months. I have duplicated the "Sig Date" column in order to have a dedicated column for the Hour/Minute/Second. That way I can see the SUM of signatures per Hour/Minute/Second.

However, it shows the SUM over the full time period of the table.

What I would like to do next is a line chart that shows the throughput (signatures per second). Y-Axis contains a measure signature per second and X-Axis contains the timeline (ideally this can be drilled down from year down to a day).

The goal is to see the throuput (how many signatures per second) that can be drilled down to a day, showing the signatures per second over a particular day. It should then be possible to identify the peak month or day and drill it down to get the peak hour or even minute where the highest througput was reached. That would also help to understand the peak load that was processed (instead of some sum or averages values).

How could this be achieved? Any hints?

powerbi.pngsignatures.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@heli

Hi,

You have done a good job. The structure of the table is good for hierarchy. We just need create a custom hierarchy.

1. Right click on “SigHour”, choose “New hierarchy”;
  2. Add “SigMinute”, “SigSecond” to “SigHour Hierarchy”;
  3. Create visual as the picture showed. You can drill down to second now.Peak througput (count per second) .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @heli

Could you please tell me if the solution worked? Please mark it as answer if it worked.

Best Regards!
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@heli

Hi,

You have done a good job. The structure of the table is good for hierarchy. We just need create a custom hierarchy.

1. Right click on “SigHour”, choose “New hierarchy”;
  2. Add “SigMinute”, “SigSecond” to “SigHour Hierarchy”;
  3. Create visual as the picture showed. You can drill down to second now.Peak througput (count per second) .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@heli

have you created a separate date table?

i would separate out the dates into a different table.  I.e

1. create a date table

2. create a relationship between your sign date and the date in the date table

from the little information you have given that might solve the issue, to create a date table see here

https://www.mattmasson.com/2014/02/creating-a-date-dimension-with-a-power-query-script/

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.