Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pvanolinda
Frequent Visitor

Pay Period for Time Clock App

I've imported data into Power BI from a SharePoint app we use for time tracking. It consists of shift start & end times for staff. I need to mark each item with a pay period so our accounts person can easily calculate payroll. I added a new table into Power BI with the different pay periods and created a relationship between the shift start time from the original data and the start date of the new table. I can't figure out how to assign a pay period to each time entry based on the shift start time falling between the correct pay period range. I'm new to Power BI, so please forgive my ignorance if I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks - Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@pvanolinda

Do you mean that the pay period depends on the shift start time? And you want a new “pay periods” column to be added into the original table?

If so, I assume you have one original table and one new table as below. You can create a many to 1 relationship between them. Then put a table chart in your canvas and select four columns for it as below.

566.jpg

11.jpg

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@pvanolinda

Do you mean that the pay period depends on the shift start time? And you want a new “pay periods” column to be added into the original table?

If so, I assume you have one original table and one new table as below. You can create a many to 1 relationship between them. Then put a table chart in your canvas and select four columns for it as below.

566.jpg

11.jpg

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.