Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jja
Helper III
Helper III

Passing selected value to report level filter

Hi

Is there a possibility to pass selected value to report level filter so it filters all other report pages.

Lets say i have a simple table where i have customer name, revenue, Revenue%. If i click on customer on tha table - it higlights this record and with visual interactions i can setup what it does on other visuals on this report - either highlight or filter. But how to pass this selection so the real filter Cusomer name is applied on report level filters?

4 REPLIES 4
Swetha_S
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I too have a similar requirement and if someone could throw some light on how to acheive this, it will be very helpful. to reiterate my requirement, I am looking for passing the value selected for drill through to be passed to the "Filter on the page" in Drill through Target page. Any idea here is much appreciated

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jja ,

If drillthrough and sync slicer are not what you want, this function may not be available for the time being, you could vote up the function from this idea link.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jja , Not very clear. If you want to pass slicer value to pass. You can use sync Slicer. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicer...

If you want to click on the table want to drill through the other page by passing the parameter :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-drillthrough

HI @amitchandak 

I want to pass my selectction in visual to filter pane. 

In my visual i have customer and in my filter i have customer(same field) and i want when i click on visual so that it passes to filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.