Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kkalyanrr
Helper V
Helper V

Passing selected dates in slicer to a measure

Hello,

I'm using the following measure to calculative Cummlative Sum..

Cumulative Actual(ETS) = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(sum('Main Table'[OrderValue]),FILTER(ALL('Calendar'[Date].[Date]),'Calendar'[Date].[Date]<=MAX('Calendar'[Date].[Date]) )) , 'Calendar'[FiscalYear] = "FY17")

My requirement is, I'm using a Date slicer in the Dashboard UI and I'm looking for a measure that calculates the Cummulative Amount between the dates mentioned by User. Please help.

KYC.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kkalyanrr,

Please check the modified PBIX file below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nok3Ll8CzEooAPooVx

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kkalyanrr,

Please change your DAX to  the following:

Cumulative Actual(ETS) = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(sum('Main Table'[OrderValue]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'[Date].[Date]),'Calendar'[Date].[Date]<=MAX('Calendar'[Date].[Date]) )) , 'Calendar'[FiscalYear] = "FY17")

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft ,

How do you create this measure for the same period last year?

Thanks a lot!

Fernando

Hello @v-yuezhe-msft ,

No matter what the starting date in the Slicer, this measure always sums the values from first date in the dataset to end date..

But I'm looking for a measure where when user gives a i/p date , it should sumup the values from that date to end date..

Thanks,

Kalyan..

@kkalyanrr,

When you change ALL  function to ALLSELECTED function, the measure should change based on your date slicer. Would you please share sample data of your table so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

@kkalyanrr,

Please check the modified PBIX file below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nok3Ll8CzEooAPooVx

Regards,
Lydia

The link doesn't seem to work. Do you mind reuploading the solution?

Thank you,

@xyz123ABC ,

Please open a new thread describing your issue.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.