Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing parameters through URL (/ substituted by ~2F)

Every time we try to pass out a parameter through URL to Power BI Service the "/" back slash is substituted by ~2F and therefore the filter does not work. I know that ~2F is how back slash is escaped. Anyone has encountered and solve this problem?

We are not sure but we think, it is maybe a navigator issue more than Power BI one, but it is still a related topic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, the "/"  substituted by ~2F will not cause this blank issue.

In addition, have you tried with other parameters in your report? If not , you could have a try.

By my test, if the parameter does not exist in the report or type in wrong parameter it will get the blank issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issue by the correct parameter, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce your issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have problems when you filter a report using query string parameters in the URL in Power BI Service.

By my tests, if my parameter includes "/", the "/" back slash is substituted by ~2F but the filter result is not affected.

Untitle22d.png

Could you show me your test screenshots which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for replying,

valid-URL?filter=DATOS/TipoPaciente eq 'Adulto' --> valid-URL?filter=DATOS~2FTipoPaciente eq 'Adulto'

Syntax and table as well as fields and values are correct, but filter does not apply, instead it returns all blanks in the report. This is a copy of a report with the same filter applyed from PBI desktop and it works fine. The issue resides in the back slash between the table/field syntax. Any idea?

Captura.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, the "/"  substituted by ~2F will not cause this blank issue.

In addition, have you tried with other parameters in your report? If not , you could have a try.

By my test, if the parameter does not exist in the report or type in wrong parameter it will get the blank issue.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your issue by the correct parameter, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce your issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft, we find out that the value was as follows: ' Adultos' with a space at the begining. But as you comment, when value at filter does not exists in the report or typing the value wrong we will get the blank issue. Thanks a lot!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.