Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lewand03
Helper I
Helper I

Passing multiple parameters to SAP BW Query

Hi PBI Gurus,
In my report I am using multiple queries from SAP BW as a data source.

I all of these queries I am using the same parameters to get data. for examle fiscal year.

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "[!V000003]", {{"[0FISCYEAR].[K42016]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42017]"}}},

Next year I need to add year 2019 and istead of changing it in every single query I'd like to do that via Parameter.

I know how to pass just one value foe example: [0FISCYEAR].[K42016], but I am having trouble with passing all the values. I was trying with string: "[0FISCYEAR].[K42016]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42017]", but it doesn;t work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ,

D.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lewand03
Helper I
Helper I

solve by creating a seperate "empty" query instead of parameter. I called it YEARS. Just like that:

let
 Source = {{"[0FISCYEAR].[K42015]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42016]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42017]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]"}}
in
 Source

And the result is used as a selector:

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "[!V000003]", YEARS},

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to pass the List of List in this case.

To do that lets sat you are stating from Company Code Master Data table, which is already filtered on the Companies that you need.

Write following code as a new query and use it in your Comp Code filter. Note here I had to convert Comp Code numbers into text so SAP can accept them.

let
    Source = #"Company Code Master Data",
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Company Code #", type text}}),
    #"Company Code #" = #"Changed Type"[#"Company Code #"],
    Final  = List.Combine({{#"Company Code #"}})
in
    Final

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lewand03
Helper I
Helper I

solve by creating a seperate "empty" query instead of parameter. I called it YEARS. Just like that:

let
 Source = {{"[0FISCYEAR].[K42015]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42016]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42017]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]"}}
in
 Source

And the result is used as a selector:

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "[!V000003]", YEARS},
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to pass the List of List in this case.

To do that lets sat you are stating from Company Code Master Data table, which is already filtered on the Companies that you need.

Write following code as a new query and use it in your Comp Code filter. Note here I had to convert Comp Code numbers into text so SAP can accept them.

let
    Source = #"Company Code Master Data",
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Company Code #", type text}}),
    #"Company Code #" = #"Changed Type"[#"Company Code #"],
    Final  = List.Combine({{#"Company Code #"}})
in
    Final

Thanks Sang,

You are absolutly right, I've already described that in my previous post 😉

Regards,

D.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lewand03,

To pass multiple values in a single parameter, please check this blog Passing multiple values to a single input parameter.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-frfei-msft,

But to be honest I do not know how to convert proposed solution:

var_out = CE_PROJECTION

( :vty

, ["ZWEEK"

, "ZROWCOUNT"]

, 'in("ZWEEK", :ip_week)'

);

Then the following statement will work.

SELECT "ZWEEK", sum("ZROWCOUNT") 

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."mypkg.filterview/ZTEST_FILT"

('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$ip_week$$', '''201202'', ''201203'''))

GROUP BY "ZWEEK";

to PBI Language from my case, using Parameter functionality.

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "[!V000003]", {{"[0FISCYEAR].[K42016]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42017]", "[0FISCYEAR].[K42018]"}}},

Any ideas?

Thanks,

D.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.