Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kraman
Regular Visitor

Passing filters to bookmarks in Power BI

I have built a report with multiple pages - say Page 1,2,3,4. On the first page, I have a map visual and have added drillthrough to the all the pages 2, 3, 4.

Now on the 2nd page, I have some images using which I want to navigate to the other pages(pg 3, 4) and have created bookmarks for them.

First I navigate to page 2 from page 1 using drillthrough. After that, when I navigate to those bookmarks from pg 2, the drillthrough filters that were applied in page 2 are getting removed. I have tried with "Keep All Filters" on and off but it didn't helped. What am I missing here ? Or is there a better way to implement this ?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I needed to do something like this and achieved it using the Sync Slicer functionality and the Chiclet slicer as it allows a default selection to be forced as the page loads. Adds a small delay on the inital drillthrough target, but otherwise works well.

Setting it up is a little involved so I put together a blog post and video here

kamacete

Hi to all,

It's possible to insert several bookmarks in one filter?

thank you

Rui

Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In the bookmark options uncheck DATA.

capture20180808161756546.png

I have already unselected 'Data'. Display, Current page and All Visuals are selected as of now. 

More Info: There is a chicklet slicer in pg 2, 3, 4 but these cannot be synced using sync slicer as chicklet is a custom slicer.

When I drillthrough from pg 1 to 2, chicklet in page 2 is filtered because of the drillthrough. I want this drillthrough filters to be applied on my bookmarks as well when I navigate to bookmarks of page 3 and 4.  

Hi @kraman,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi All, I had simillar problem where i was unable to pass filters into my boomark... If some once can help me on this... Attached sample Pbix file for reference.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XOxA9mQEsZxLngVK-AeMSZB-2zVoOrhq

Thanks Pavan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that issue resolved? I am also trying to use bookmarks, but want to ignore the filters set at the time the bookmarks were created.

Each time the user viewing it is a filter, and the time periods are other filters. They change for each viewer.

I read that Microsoft will be enabling synchronization of chiclet slicers in July 2019, and want to use them instead of standard filters, if possible.

Hi @v-piga-msft

Above solution proposed was a workaround which unfortunately doesn't suffice my needs. I will create a dummy pbix and share here to get more help.

Regards,

Raman

Until you can sync slicers with custom visuals may not work. In this case I use the standard slicer. If you want buttons change your chicer clicker to standard slicer, leave as list (ie don’t set it drop down) then in the format properties under top top section (general maybe?) change it to from vertical to horizontal and then it will switch to buttons.

May not work well for you if you have a large number of choices as they occupy a large amount of real estate since the buttons ware heavily padded. Otherwise leave as vertical and change to drop down.

Id show you a screenshot but on my mobile.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors