Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing filters from a slicer to a report when using bookmarks or save filters when using bookmarks.

Hi guys,

I am using bookmark as a fency way to show a report in two different scenario. The bookmark is based on a page filter for the two scenario. My users wants to filter the report from a year and quarter slicer and then view the different scenario. When i use bookmark i am not able to save the filters applied or pass a filter to the report. I have checked online, there are suggestions like uncheck the data or use selected visuals. 

I have tried both the suggestions , but it didn't work.  It would be of great help, if someone can suggest me a solution on this. This issue has been driving me nuts. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to say @Anonymous seems to work perfectly fine from what I can tell. Please see attached.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for you prompt response. Your example is closer to what i am trying to achieve. But the book mark is not based on the year and Quarter slicer , rather its based on a status (eg.  A and B). 

I can relate my case with your  current example. For instance you have created selection panes for quarters to which we can assign  the quarters bookmarks.  So what i am trying to achieve is to  just create 4 quarter book marks and users should be able to select the year before applying bookmark. If we try in this scenario the year selected before the bookmark will be broken. So in a way trying to save the filter passed from the year when using bookmark. 

Thanks mate. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

Any updates and solution for the request. 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.