Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

erikboderek
Regular Visitor

Passing a Parameter to a JSON Data Source

Hello,

I am using JSON as a data source. I want the user to be able to enter a date in a date picker on a report, and it will go and retrieve data from the JSON feed based on the date the user selected. How would I go about doing this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@erikboderek,

You may create a parameter and then reference it in Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@erikboderek  @laurens , I'm also on the same page with this issue, Have you found any solution to this please?

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@erikboderek i wouldn't think so because you can't access json data via direct query (unless i have missed that boat)

therefore whatever is brought into the model in import mode is all you can filter by

how are you updating the model currently?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

The model is updated by refresh, and the default values are for today. I'd like to use the JSON API instead of having values for dozens of years in my model. 

So I can't have a function that calls the JSON feed to retrieve the data based on the date specified, and then filter based on the results of said date?

@erikboderek,

You may create a parameter and then reference it in Advanced Editor.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

oh thats awesome thanks @v-chuncz-msft

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi there @vanessafvg, I was just wondering if you were able to achieve this as I am looking to do something very similar. I have looked at the 'deep dive into parameters' page but there doesn't seem to be sufficient information. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.