Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing Slicer Value into Calculated Formula to display the results in Graph / Table

Hi I have a Scenario where i need to work on the below kinda data.

I have a data as below and one dimension table with the dimension values joined with the below fact table.

IdCountCode
12A
21B
33C
41D
54A
65B
73C
85D
93A
106B

So i created Calculated column for SET A, SET B, SET C, SET D as below

Qty A= CALCULATE(sum('Table1'[Count]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Code]="A"))

Qty B= CALCULATE(sum('Table1'[Count]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Code]="B"))

Qty C=CALCULATE(sum('Table1'[Count]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Code]="C"))

Qty D= CALCULATE(sum('Table1'[Count]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Code]="D"))

Im getting KPI Card displaying with  ( Total = 33, Qty A = 9, Qty B = 12, Qty C = 6, Qty D = 6 )

Claim ratio for Qty A = 9 / 33, Qty B = 12/33, Qty C = 6/33, Qty D = 6/33 )

Above calculations i'm doing by creating individually for Claim Ratio.

My Intenstion is i will place one pie graph by pulling one Dimension column name ( Product Category with 5 values ) and will pull the Total Quantity and will add a Slicer Code with single selector 

when i Choose A = display Qty A with 5 Product values.

when i Choose B = display Qty B with 5 Product values.

when i Choose C = display Qty C with 5 Product values.

when i Choose D = display Qty D with 5 Product values.

Where i can skips the Qty A,Qty B,Qty C,Qty D metrics by adding Total Qty , Claim Ratio n with Dimension Column name by using single value selecting from Slicer

but how to create a dynamic Calculation for Ratio when I select "A" from slicer where i need to dynamic to calulcate 

Ratio = Total Qty / CALCULATE(sum('Table1'[Count]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[Code]="A"))  and need to display in the chart 

Im not able to find how to calculate dynamically when i Pic A or B or C or D from slcier that value "A"  or "B" or "C" or "D" need to pass to the Dax Calc Formula Ratio and need to display.

2nd ( How to make a Value "A" as default to to Slicer when i didnt select any thing.

Thanks,

Rams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Not really sure if I understood your question but to pass along the slicer value on a given formula you need to have something like this:

Slicer Selection = Var Select_Slicer = MIN('Table'[Code])

Return
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count]);'Table'[Code] = Select_Slicer)

This will get the minimum value from your table you use on the slicer, if you have only one selection it will give you that number if not it will give you the minimum value on your table if the slicer is A, B, C, ... it will give A.

Believe this will solve both your issues.

Check the image below where the quantity is always the slicer value except if another is selected.

Slicer_selection.gif

Just one question if you have the data as you show it why did you made a calculate column for each Code and not a measure that will make the calculations based on your context so if you filter out A it will return all counts of A.

I have made the following measures:

Qty = SUM('Table'[Count])

Claim Ratio = DIVIDE([Qty];CALCULATE([Qty];ALL('Table'[Code])))

Based on this and on the slicer it will return the values on a single card but you can also make a filter on the visual to keep as is.

Slicer.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

Not really sure if I understood your question but to pass along the slicer value on a given formula you need to have something like this:

Slicer Selection = Var Select_Slicer = MIN('Table'[Code])

Return
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Count]);'Table'[Code] = Select_Slicer)

This will get the minimum value from your table you use on the slicer, if you have only one selection it will give you that number if not it will give you the minimum value on your table if the slicer is A, B, C, ... it will give A.

Believe this will solve both your issues.

Check the image below where the quantity is always the slicer value except if another is selected.

Slicer_selection.gif

Just one question if you have the data as you show it why did you made a calculate column for each Code and not a measure that will make the calculations based on your context so if you filter out A it will return all counts of A.

I have made the following measures:

Qty = SUM('Table'[Count])

Claim Ratio = DIVIDE([Qty];CALCULATE([Qty];ALL('Table'[Code])))

Based on this and on the slicer it will return the values on a single card but you can also make a filter on the visual to keep as is.

Slicer.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix,

Thanks So much what ever i'm expecting is achiveble from your solution.

Thanks Sooo Much.

Regards,

Rams

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.