Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

Passed DA-100 Exam !

Hello Community,

I'd like to share that I've passed the new DA-100 Power BI Certification exam. I'm glad to be part of this wonderful Power BI community, where there is always a vast knowledge share happening.

All the very best for all those who are planning to take DA-100 exam.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

8 REPLIES 8
bsingh
Regular Visitor

Hi Manohar,

Congrats on clearing the exam.

I wanted to ask you if someone with a non-IT background can attempt this Certification to transition into a profession of a data analyst? I do not have an IT background but want to switch to a career in data analysis requiring POWER BI.  Also, I would like to say that I currently do not have a job that requires this skillset so do not have any exposure to acquiring experience with POWER BI.

Do you think it is a good move?

Thanks,

Bhamini

SH-VE
Helper IV
Helper IV

Congratulation, Does passing the exam provides you a certification - Microsoft Certified - Data Analyst Associate?

https://docs.microsoft.com/learn/certifications/data-analyst-associate

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PattemManohar ,

Congratulations!

It would be better if you have more experience to share with community.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @amitchandak  @ibarrau  @v-zhenbw-msft 

My Preparation:

I thoroughly checked the list of topics that are available in the DA-100 skills outline document and marked the items that I need to pay more attention towards (as I might not be using everything in the Power BI at my day to day work). Doing so will bring down the huge list of topics to few. Then, I read the Microsoft offical documentation of Power BI for those topics - I really need to stress that, reading the documentation really helped me a lot, it's not just for certification exam but I came across so many hidden unknown things that I never thought of. The documentation was well designed and in easy to understand format, lucky to have that. 

Also, if I need to know bit more with additional examples for any topic then I read blogs/videos. Then, I've covered other generic items from the list like DAX Functions, Power Query (M-Language) and Power BI Service related stuff etc..

About Exam:

There will be case studies where you will be given a scenario and requirements, questions will be based on those.

Please be aware - Once you finish the case study then you can't go back to that section again.

I got 2 case studies in the exam one at the very beginning and other at very end.

The DAX related questions are like fill in the blanks, there will be a structure given to the DAX formula you need to select the appropriate function in the blanks provided. Same for Power Query (M-code) related questions as well.
For Modelling related questions, all the tables/exhibits are provided and questions will be based on that.

On overall, I feel the exam is not really tough to clear if you are using Power BI regularly (as a developer rather than a user). The questions are mostly straight forward but read the questions with patience (questions will be lengthy if it is a case study). There will be plenty of time, so you no need rush yourself.

All the Very Best ! Happy Learning !

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Congratulations! can you share some content you have used to be prepared? myabe videos, blogs, etc.

I have been thinking about taking the exam but i don't think the videos for preparation are enough. I was hoping to get a handbook or something like that.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@PattemManohar - Congrats!

Any insights/lessons learned to share? Harder/easier than expected? Something you wished you would have prepared for better going in?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks @Greg_Deckler !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.