Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sowmyar
Frequent Visitor

Pass user for embedded application to power bi report

I have a scenario in which the power bi report will be embedded in another application,In that case I have a date slicers selection outside the power bi report in the embedded application.Can that date selection be passed to my power BI report?

6 REPLIES 6
ssalaskar

Did anyone found solution? I am facing same problem

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sowmyar 

Power bi report cannot be filter with any date outside the report itself. I am afraid you would need to add a date slicer or filter in the power bi report, you even need to setup an appropriate relationship if the date column is not in the same table. 

Best regards
Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak  yes we are using power bi embedded, so we can pass filter parameters.

for username I can provide username() in power bi,for date fields what should be done at the power bi end.

@sowmyar , You can pass your choice of username(which can be based on portal login) , and then you will get that information in userprincipalname(), unlike normal power bi where it is email, it can be anything.

Now use this in power roles (for RLS) to secure your data based on user

@amitchandak ya that is for the user other than the user information i need to pass the date range what the user is selecting,how to pass that to power bi?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.