Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SathiMathi
Frequent Visitor

Pass a text parameter in report or some other way.

Hi Leaders,

I am new to Power BI, please help to give your idea how can I achieve this scenario. I am actually confused with measure and parameter then filters. 

Here if user Click on the in-progress count the table will reflect the 3 rows which have only the value = 1 (the table has 3 ones).

same as if user click on the completed number (4) again the table will refresh and fetch 4 records which have been completed.

Please help to give me the idea or solution, 

Thanks for your help.

Click in progress or completed the data will populate in the table viewClick in progress or completed the data will populate in the table view

5 REPLIES 5
GeorgeBuster
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi SathiMathi,

Do you want to click a button and filter the table in progress or click other button and filter the table completed?

@GeorgeBuster,

I want to click this number (this is the Sum value of 'in progress'), so user wants to click this number and want to see all in-progress records in the table.

Ok SathiMathi,

What you need is the Slicer visualization. Put in it the InProgress attribute, so the users can select if they want to see all records, only in progres records or not in progress records.

Best,

Jorge Bustillo.

Hi,

This is in my 'In Progress' Measure value, based on the following calculation.

InProgress =
SWITCH(LOOKUPVALUE('power_BI UserAccessLevel'[AccessLevel],'power_BI UserAccessLevel'[LoginEmail],USERNAME()),
CALCULATE(SUM('WIP'[InProgress]),
FILTER('FSWIP', 'WIP'[KeyLogin]= LOOKUPVALUE(
'UserAccessLevel'[LoginEmail],
'UserAccessLevel'[LoginEmail],USERNAME()
) )),
2,CALCULATE(SUM('FSWIP'[InProgress]),
FILTER('FSWIP', 'FSWIP'[KeyTeam]= LOOKUPVALUE(
'UserAccessLevel'[Team],
) )),
3,CALCULATE(SUM('FSWIP'[InProgress]),
FILTER('FSWIP', 'FSWIP'[KeyDept]= LOOKUPVALUE(
'UserAccessLevel'[Dept],
) )),
4,CALCULATE(SUM('power_BI FSWIP'[InProgress]),
FILTER('FSWIP', 'FSWIP'[KeyBranch]= LOOKUPVALUE(
'UserAccessLevel'[Branch],
) ))) 

This calculation shows inprogress count based on the login, but if user click on this 'In Progress' number the below table should filter and show only in progress records in table?

Is it possible then please help to advice me, i have tried many ways but still no success.

thanks for the support

Hi @SathiMathi,

Can you please share a sample pbix file to help us clarify your table structure and relationships?

In addition, did you turn on 'cross filter direction' option between FSWIP table and other related tables?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.