Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

niv_qrm
Frequent Visitor

Pasre date giving error

Hi,

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I try to Parse date I am getting error after 13th of the month.

I have done this before and worked previously but for some reason I am getting error.

Order date is in this format

niv_qrm_0-1637670296911.png

If I usually extract the date part and do Parse date.

niv_qrm_1-1637670344127.png

Please see the below. Previously this used to work. 

niv_qrm_2-1637670363603.png

I tried Change Type with Locale and I am still getting the error. 

niv_qrm_3-1637670952352.png

niv_qrm_4-1637670991917.png

Please help! I am not sure what else to try and why I am getting this error.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

Thanks for your reply. I figured out the mistake but forgot to come and check the replies here.

This table is a mix of data coming form different systems with different date formats.

So I seperated those ones with different format, then split the date and concatenated it and then used parse date and it fixed. For some reason when I try parse date isn't working when the data date format in US format. I tried using the Locale with UK, UAE but still I kept getting error. This is the only way I could fix it. 

Thanks a lot for the replies. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @niv_qrm ,

See the sample input values, they're DD/MM/YYYY, but your column from 'from example' is MM/DD/YYYY, so it will be wrong.

2.png

Local try to choose English (United Kingdom)

vstephenmsft_1-1637908007861.png

vstephenmsft_2-1637908027577.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft,

Thanks for your reply. I figured out the mistake but forgot to come and check the replies here.

This table is a mix of data coming form different systems with different date formats.

So I seperated those ones with different format, then split the date and concatenated it and then used parse date and it fixed. For some reason when I try parse date isn't working when the data date format in US format. I tried using the Locale with UK, UAE but still I kept getting error. This is the only way I could fix it. 

Thanks a lot for the replies. 

niv_qrm
Frequent Visitor

Just wanted to add, I also created another column " from example" and changed the date to dd-mm-yyyy and tried to parse this column. The first few columns came well, but then other dates are still showing error. 

niv_qrm_0-1637672112084.png

niv_qrm_1-1637672141260.png

This is the error

niv_qrm_2-1637672174798.png

Thanks a lot!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@niv_qrm , because power assume date will come in your system format only. So it want date in dd/mm/yyyy format and getting date in mm/dd/yyyy format

Change you system setting to US format or treat is as text and get date in another format

MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY
#date( Number.FromText(Text.End(DD__MM__YY[date],4)),Number.FromText(Text.Start(DD__MM__YY[Version_Id],2)), Number.FromText(Text.Middle(DD__MM__YY[date],3,2)) )

Hi @amitchandak 

I have been changing the format easily without much issues till today. 

I tried keeping it as text and changing the format like you mentioned but I still got error.

What interesting is I have a list of dates that are done in the correct format even for the dates after 12th of the month and then there is a bunch with errors

niv_qrm_0-1637700830820.png

niv_qrm_1-1637700892759.png

Again, same error 

niv_qrm_2-1637700944216.png

Why does it get confused for some dates ?

Thanks and regards,

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@niv_qrm , 

Click on the error and share screenshot of it, that would help on understanding the exact error

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

niv_qrm_3-1637672717992.png

This is the error I am getting.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.