Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbron
Frequent Visitor

Particular column shouldn't be filtered by slicer

I have a dataset based on the following tables:

- Company

- Item

- Item Ledger Entry

- Sales Header + Sales Line

- (+add Measures)

Between the tables Ive made the following relationships:

Relationship between tablesRelationship between tables

Based on this dataset I'm trying to generate a table based on:  'Item'[search descrition]

All info in the table comes from either from the 'Item" table or 'Sales line' and is allowed to be filtered by the date slicer on top of the screen (based on 'SalesHeader'[orderdate]) 

Current situation: "stock" is influenced by date slicerCurrent situation: "stock" is influenced by date slicer

What I'm trying to do next is add a "stock" column/measure  based on the column 'item ledger entry'[remaining quantity]

As you can imagine, this column shouldnt be effected by the Date slicer while stock is just stock. 

Whats the best way to prevent this column from being effected by the dateslicer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @fbron,

Did you mean to ignore the specific filter effects between power bi tables? If that is the case, you can consider adding all functions to the Dax formula to prevent particular field filter effects. 

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT - SQLBI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @fbron,

Did you mean to ignore the specific filter effects between power bi tables? If that is the case, you can consider adding all functions to the Dax formula to prevent particular field filter effects. 

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT - SQLBI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@fbron , Try a measure like

new stock = calculate([stock], all(Date))

or

new stock = calculate([stock], removefilters (Date))

Thanks for the quick response... 

Unfortunately your suggested solution(s) don't seem to work in my case. 

Seems like you refer to Date as a Table while the date slicer I'm using is based on the column [Order date] from the table 'Sales Header'. Does that mean that I have to work with a date table? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.