Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamuelMei
Regular Visitor

Partial filtering by slicer

Hi everyone,

This might be a stupid question but

I have a dashboard showing product information. The product is selected by by selecting a ProductID with a slicer. 

By selecting the ProductID in the slicer, I automatically select the Product Group, Device Family, etc. 

The problem is that now I am trying to add a table that shows similar products to the selected product, i.e. show ProductIDs of products that belong in the same Product Group and Device Family.

One way to do it is to first unlink the interaction between the original slicer and the new table. Then, have multiple slicers for just the Product Group and Device Family to filter the table. This achieves the purpose, but requires the user to check many more boxes than they should be required to do. Hence this method is not ideal. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Based on your description, you want to filter the productid with slicer. Then display the productid of the same Product Group, Device Family with another chart.
First, you can copy the table, then create a measure and add measure = 1 as a condition to visual filter.
Please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Based on your description, you want to filter the productid with slicer. Then display the productid of the same Product Group, Device Family with another chart.
First, you can copy the table, then create a measure and add measure = 1 as a condition to visual filter.
Please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-lianl-msft  Thanks for your answer. Sadly my organization is still running Power BI Janurary 2019 so I could not open your pbix. I have duplicated the table, but can't seem to figure out the DAX for the measure. Could you please upload the DAX? Thanks very much.

Edit: i have figured it out. Thank you @V-lianl-msft 

Hi @SamuelMei

You can refer to the DAX:

Measure = IF(MAX('Table'[product_group])=SELECTEDVALUE(Sheet1[product_group])&&
            MAX('Table'[Device Family])=SELECTEDVALUE(Sheet1[Device Family]),1,0)

slicer_measure.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.