Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ANNING
Helper I
Helper I

Part II of PBI present irrelevant information when a visualisation bar is selected

@v-rzhou-msft 

With regard to the solution you provided on the question (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PBI-present-irrelevant-information-when-a-visualisation-bar)  , I marked as solution.  However, it is not 100% I am looking for after I tried it.

FYI, the data model you mentioned is basically similar to my data model

For example: If there is no status Done for EPIC, the visual should display a Zero in the Done column as shown below

ANNING_2-1602755641063.png

WIthout using a measure as you described,  an object (i.e. EPIC in this example) which does not have a particular status in the column will disappear as shown below.

ANNING_3-1602755979796.png

Question:

Is there a way to show the first visualisation result by using your method? Which I think it might not be possible but I might be wrong.

However, if I will to use measurement by using my previous DAX formula (and offcourse removing the ALL function), I am still encountering the problem which I faced in my previous forum .. utimately, I tried to achieve the following result.

ANNING_4-1602756318342.png

the following is my DAX.
totalEpicActive = Calculate(count('Work Items - All history'[Work Item Type]), 
                                             'Work Items - All history'[Work Item Type] = "Epic",
                                             'Work Items - All history'[Status] = "Active"
                                              )

Regards,

Anning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ANNING ,

You can upload your pbix file to OneDrive for Business, then share the file link with me. Please find the details in the following documentation.

Share OneDrive files and folders

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ANNING ,

Could you please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) and your expected result in order to make troubleshooting? It is better if you can provide a sample pbix file. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

How to share the PBix file in this forum? There is an insert link button but it doesn't allow me to download from my local computer.

Regards,

Yong

Hi @ANNING ,

You can upload your pbix file to OneDrive for Business, then share the file link with me. Please find the details in the following documentation.

Share OneDrive files and folders

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.