Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

davidson929
Regular Visitor

Pared down graph view based on filter

Hello,

I would like to know if this is possible. I have a bar graph and a pie chart. When you select an item on the pie chart the relationship view in the bar graph changes to relfect the relationship to the selected data in the pie chart. However, the bar chart has many data points. All the unrelated data points are just made more transparent instead of being removed from the view. 

Is there a way to not display information in a chart that is being filtered by related data in another chart? This would be great because then you wouldn't have to use the slider bar to scroll down to the remaining data that was relationally still relevent.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @davidson929,

I don't know if you have already solved this but as you can see below if you do the following you will have what you need:

1 - Choose chart

2 - Format bar

3 - Edit Interactions

4 - On the other visuals in the page you will have options to change the interactivity in the charts - Filter; Highlight (default); None

Please check the print below, as you can see how image 3 after chosing the filter the bart chart only shows the value of the select values in the pie chart the others are removed.

graphs.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @davidson929,

Have you resolved your problem? If you have, in order to help more people can find workwroud form here, please mark the helpful reply as answer. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @davidson929,

Based on my understanding, I create a example and test.

1. Create the bar chart and pie chart using same fields. When we select one filed one chart, it will highlighted in another table, while other are still exist invisual, they are not removed.

1.PNG

2. Create the bar chart and pie chart using fields come from different tables. But there is a relationship between. It display the same result when I select one value in chart.

2.PNG

I am still confusing your scenario, what's the mean of "All the unrelated data points are just made more transparent instead of being removed from the view" Could you please share more details or .pbix file for analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @davidson929,

In the Power BI Desktop select modeling option in the ribbon, then select interactions (1st button) when you do that if you select one chart the others are highligted and there are a few options that show, chosd the filter to use your chart as a slicer.

Regards

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.