Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

durgaranga
Frequent Visitor

Parameters to a Power BI report in Power BI Report Server

Hi Team,

I need to create a power BI report and provide user to input parameters of there choice so that they will get desired results from a query which is connectiing to Teradata DB. My clients want this feature in high demand.

Ex: End user wants to select the data of customers who are in a particular city. Now end user needs to provide only city name as input parameter and she needs to get the result of the customers who live in that city.

Below is the query which needs to be run in backend by connecting to Teradata DB.

Select * from customers where city_name= ${input_parameter}.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use parameters, so the users can input their values and data can be filtered accordingly.

In Query Editor -> Home -> Manage Parameters -> New Parameter.

You can read abt the parameter and use for your case.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use parameters, so the users can input their values and data can be filtered accordingly.

In Query Editor -> Home -> Manage Parameters -> New Parameter.

You can read abt the parameter and use for your case.

Thanks

Raj

I've got the same challenge.

In powerbi desktop i made a report containing a parameter (made via edit queries/manage parameters)

I saved the report to my on-premise report server and i expected that my users could set another value in that parameter.

Unfortunetely my users do not have any option to change the parameter's value, they should have i suppose ? or maybe i should  set any option to pop-up the parameter ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elevede, 

Did you ever figure out how to let your end users change the parameters value?

Thanks, 

Zar

Hi Zar, I have the same problem, did you find any solution?
Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @durgaranga

Go to the query in Query editor-> select the column you want to apply filter -> ex: select Equal to Filter -> The below window will appear, click on the down arrow in the middle box and select the Paramters to apply the parameter to th database columns.

Hope this helps.

Parameter.PNG

Thanks
Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.