Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerBI123456
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Parameters not working in service

Hello,

I have a file that is set up with the parameters below. I have filtered the file using those parameters. When I publish online, I get a message saying "Parameters haven't been defined for this dataset yet. If you want to set parameters, use the Query Editor". Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help? 

PowerBI123456_2-1610144787380.png

PowerBI123456_0-1610144745238.png

PowerBI123456_1-1610144756318.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PowerBI123456 
Scroll down and start from Query Folding section.
Incremental refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PowerBI123456 
Scroll down and start from Query Folding section.
Incremental refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@PowerBI123456 so did you configured incremental refresh in the Power BI desktop?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@PowerBI123456 are you doing incremental refresh? if not can you change the name of the parameter to something else and then test it. 

RangeStart and RangeEnd are special parameter names used for incremental refresh and wondering if that is causing this issue.

Check my latest blog post Year-2020, Pandemic, Power BI and Beyond to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k Hi , yes I am doing incremental refresh. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.