Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jarodp42
Frequent Visitor

Parameters, matrix & measures (Need Help)

I am trying to build a dynamic calculator inside Power BI using multiple parameters. Is there a way to create a dynamic dashboard that will allow the user to filter the names they want in the table and have it calculate the fields using the parameters specific to each name in the table? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

FYI, I know how to create parameters, but when using them it calculates the entire table using the same parameters. I need the parameters to be row specific, so I can calculate each row with different parameters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jarodp42 ,

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now. For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Jarodp42 ,

I am not sure if I understand what you mean, this video may be helpful: Populate a Power BI parameter list using a query

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Capture.JPG

Hi, @v-joesh-msft thanks for responding to my post. To make it a little more clear on what I am trying to accomplish, I have posted a pic for a visual understanding. As you can see from the pic, the dropdowns are the parameters that I am wanting to base my measures on. However, I am unable to figure out how to use multiple parameters within the same table or matrix. I would like to have different parameters for each language pair in my table/matrix. (Not sure if a table or matrix would be best to use) Is there a way to make a parameter row specific inside a table/matrix?

For example, English -> China could have 9 cases, 6725 words, 24.7% leverage with a rate of $.125 while English -> Japan could have 15 cases, 3000 words, 30.2% leverage with a rate of $.150 and so on depending on how many language pairs I am looking to use in my table. How would I be able to use parameters and measure to calculate it so each language pair calculates using their specific parameters? 

Hi @Jarodp42 ,

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now. For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Thank you for your response @v-joesh-msft After the research that I had done as well I wasn't able to complete the task I was hoping to accomplish. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.