Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

2487jbml
Frequent Visitor

Parameters and Timelines

Hey all, 

Fairly new to Power BI and am having trouble finding the right thing to search for I guess.  I am working on a project where we need to asses a delivery cadence.  We have a team that is working on prior deliveries and will be taking on new deliveries.  There area  set amount of deliveries, say 1500 for the prior contract and 2200 for the upcoming contract.  I need a way to be able to adjust the amount of old delivery customers serviced and amount of new delivery customers serviced Monday through Thursday.  There are fees and such tied to both, so trying to minimize the charges to the company.  There won't be any duplicate deliveries, distance is not an issue, but there is some level of complexity with some deliveries.  Any ideas of how I can accomplish this?  

Thanks in advance, I look forward to learning this! 

3 REPLIES 3
2487jbml
Frequent Visitor

Hey Greg, 

I'll try to explain better.  I'm thinking of something like this for the table structure.  But I would need to be able to allow my user to adjust how many deliveries are made from the old contract and from the new contract so that we can find the optimal combination for an ideal timeframe.  Below, 40 deliveries are done a week from the prior contract and 10 from the new.  However, my users will need to be able to see what would happen if we adjusted by x days.  I think putting in a couple of sliders to manipulate the calculation could do, but I'm just not that experienced and am sure there is a better way.  

Week EndPrior Deliveries LeftNew Deliveries LeftMonth Completion
3/28/202031502200 
4/4/202031102190200
4/11/202030702180 
4/18/202030302170 
4/25/202029902160 
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @2487jbml , 

I am not clear about your requirement, what did you want to get? And what is "Month Completion" and its logic ? If possible could you please inform me more detailed information(such as your expected output and your sample data ( by OneDrive for Business))? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Very tough to answer with no sample data and expected output. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.