Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Parameter and Navigation Step

Hi all, I need to create a Parameter just to replace the Feb 22 portion of the below statement.  Or if that cannot be done then the AR Feb 22 portion below.  Want to do this so the user can just update it.  As you can see it is coming from a sheet in a spreadsheet that gets updated each month.  Is it possible to insert a parameter here?  I have tried but have not figured it out.  Thanks!

Razorbx13_0-1646750461602.png

2 REPLIES 2
Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Well it is fairly simple.  I am bringing in an Excel Workbook with a Sheet Name of AR Jan 22.  Next month our Finance department will create a new worksheet called AR Feb 22.  And this continues throughout the year.  Right now I go into the data model in PowerQuery and change the "Item" as noted above from AR Jan 22 to AR Feb 22, save, publish and refresh.  Basically I want to know if the "Item" can be a parameter entered in on the PowerBI service by our Finance group.  So they can change the Sheet name whenever they are ready.  Something like

Item = (Parameter), Kind = Sheet...........

Just want to know the syntax for this parameter.

v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Razorbx13 

There are many experts in the community who can help you.

Could you please consider sharing more details about it and posting expected result so it is clear on what needs to be implemented?  And It would be great if there is a sample file without any sesentive information here.

It makes it easier to give you a solution.

1. Sample (dummy dataset) data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
  2. Expected output from sample data
  3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.