Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

t-taaror
Regular Visitor

Parameter Selection through Buttons or DropDowns

Hey.

I am new to PowerBI and working on QoS Reports for 5 different regions/servers. A Single page of report contains different visuals from different databases. I want to create a main report in which i can select the region and the visuals are shown accordingly( using the data from that server). The Schema and all is identical.

I have created a parameter for each SQLInstance. When I import the template i am able to create 5 seperate reports but I want a single report that can change from the selection menu. I want to choose the region name and the other parameters should change accordingly .Is it possible ?Screenshot (1).png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh i get what you need, but i don't think there is any way to pass parameters from a visual to a power query request. 

Why not retrieving all the data from every different server at once and then filter it to see only the data from a specific server/database ? 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @t-taaror,

I'm not 100% sure but i think thats what you want to do :

You have two tables (or more) with an identical shema (let say Table1 and Table2 as shown below)

4.PNG

5.PNG

1. Go to merge queries

1.PNG

2. Append Queries

2.PNG3. Choose the tables you need to append

3.PNG

4. You shall obtain this result

6.PNG

If needed, you can add a column "origin" to Table1 and Table2 to know where each line in Append1 comes from (if you dont know how to do so just ask).

You can also append more than two tables, its not very different from what i explained there. 

Hope this helps, 

Regards, 

Etienne

Hi @Anonymous 

I am using Direct Query and i don't Want to merge the tables into one table or one visual. Its like there is a set of visuals showing data from one server. I want to have a menu so that i can select the second sever and the parameters change automatically(Like Server Source Name, Database etc.). By doing this i need not to create different reports for each server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh i get what you need, but i don't think there is any way to pass parameters from a visual to a power query request. 

Why not retrieving all the data from every different server at once and then filter it to see only the data from a specific server/database ? 

Maybe i'll have to stick with that only Smiley Happy . Thanks for your help @Anonymous .

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome, I'm sorry I couldn't do more Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.