Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

floressdiego
Helper I
Helper I

Parameter 4+ digits not working?

Hello,

I was trying to create a parameter in my dashboard but it wasn't working properly then I tried to circle the problem. Te thing is that when I typed a 4 digit parameter it just didn't show the number I typed in correctly. I tried to create a new dashboard, blank, nothing in it except the parameter and it still bugged.

Example: typed 1234

floressdiego_0-1632321797316.png

as soon as I press enter it changes.

Typed 123

floressdiego_1-1632321850012.png

changed again.

Typed 1245

floressdiego_2-1632321885819.png

and again..........

What I found out is that when it's less than 4 digits it works fine, above it it messes up almost everytime....

Why is that? Can't have precision with 10000 rows?

Just to be sure, all I did was create the parameter, as follows:

floressdiego_3-1632322048229.png

Thanks

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It doesn't do for me because I want it as a password and I can't have a bar for 10000 numbers. What I found was that if I make it 5 digit then on the generated measure put MAX(Table[Column]) and on the slicer I put less or equal, it works just fine... 

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @floressdiego 

It's because of the range being too big and the numbers are being sampled. If you use Parameter = GENERATESERIES(0, 999, 1), it works fine.

To get around this behavior, you can use Slicer, or just drag the scrollbar to specific position.

I also find a similar post, please check if it can help, https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-if-parameter-help-input-changes-by-itself-after-hittin...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It doesn't do for me because I want it as a password and I can't have a bar for 10000 numbers. What I found was that if I make it 5 digit then on the generated measure put MAX(Table[Column]) and on the slicer I put less or equal, it works just fine... 

Thanks for the help.

Hi @floressdiego 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, if you use less or equal, it works fine. but if you use single value, the numbers will be sampled.

-

could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution. so the others can find it more quickly.
really appreciate!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Tang

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@floressdiego , click on that I sign and check what is that showing?

floressdiego_0-1632334355684.png

"Excess of values for 'Parâmetro'. Only showing representative example. Filter data or select another field."

So it does have a maximum range of values to be exact... 

It doesn't help me though....... Is there a way to make the range bigger? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.