Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Krcmajster
Helper IV
Helper IV

Paramaters changing

Hi, 

So I have a measure that I need to generates series:

Rent Par. = GENERATESERIES(0, 10000, 1)
I am using it with the slider and entry box. And it works how it should when I drag the slider, but when I manully enter data in the box like 243 it is being rounded up to 240 and I need it to be corrects.
It goes the same for below:
Rent Par. = GENERATESERIES(CURRENCY(0), CURRENCY(10000), CURRENCY(1))

Can someone point me to what I am doing wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Krcmajster ,

Based on my test using the Power BI desktop version : 2.67.5404.221 64-bit (March 2019). Could you please share more details about how did you create the what if parameter? I cannot reproduce your issue here. Could you please update your Power BI dekstop to the latest version to try again?

Capture.PNG

And kindly share your pbix to me to have a test here. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Unfortunatley I can't share the file as it contains confidential information. 

I have the latest version. It works when I use the slider like you did it, however, when I type in the box the number I get the previous problem. I don't want to use the slider, I just need this free entry box where I can put whatever number I need.

It works with smaller spans (0-500), but not with higher one (0-5,000, or like in my case 0-10,000)

Hi @Krcmajster ,

I didn't use the slider here, just entering the number in the box and no issue was found again. What kind of visual did you use here? Did you use the Slicer as I tested?

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft I create it with "what if" New Parameter. I have tried the same on on my coworkers laptop and it's the same.

See below. I create it , I want to enter in this example 3567 and when I hit enter I get 3566.

2341 goes to 2428, 1534 goes to 1583 and so on

Parameter.png

PAR 1.png

PAR 2.pngq

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.