Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Paging file is too small for operation to complete

Im using powerbi desktop 64 bit .

Im trying to import a model from ssas tabular 2014 (v 1103) but keep getting an error regarding memory allocation, saying the paging file is too small for the operation to complete.

Capture.JPG

I can see my paging file is almost 16gb in size, and i have almost 8gb of ram free.

The database i am trying to import is tiny, less than 50 megabytes so unsure why memory is an issue.

Appreciate any info or help,Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you get solution for this? I am facing a similar issue.

Please help!

Regards,

Impashree

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wilson_smyth,

1. Please choose less dimensions to see if data can be loaded successfully.

2. Please run the latest desktop version 2.49.4831.521.

3. Please enable desktop trace log and repeat steps to reproduce the issue, share the log files with us.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Wilson,

I am facing too same kind of error.

I have below scenarios.

I would like to be more precise this time that i have 2 fact tables and the grain is month. So in Fact_Sales Fact table i have transaction for every month and same is the thing with Fact_ExchangeRate Exchange rate for every currency for every month.

1st Scenario

So if the user select April 2018 in Ist Tiime period and May 2017 so he must see Transaction Amount for April 2018 and the Comparing Transaction to be calculated should be Transaction Amount for April 2018 Multiplied by Exchange Rate for that currency for May 2017.

2nd Scenario

If the User select Year 2018 in 1st Time Period and Year 2016 in 2nd Time Period so he must be able to see Transaction Amount for 2018 and Compared Transaction Amount should be calculated as every month Transaction amount of 2018 multiplied by respective month exchange rate of 2016 and then the sum of it.

But when i dont select any specific currency it gives me Paging file is too small for operation to complete .

Can you please tell me how to attach the log file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.